Thank you for enquiring about St. Michael’s as the Church where you might hold your marriage ceremony. By choosing St. Michael’s you will be availing yourself of the following:
1. The Christian message of grace to define the content of your promises to love, comfort, honour and protect one another.
2. An experienced team of marriage celebrants who though working from the rich tradition of the anglican church will provide generous flexibility to incorporate other traditions.
3. An available team to promptly answer any concerns, provide pastoral care and give a guiding hand through the statutory requirements.
4. Three supportive and focused planning sessions providing you with both the building blocks to individualise your wedding ceremony and life skills to assist you in your commitment to relationship growth in marriage.
5. A calming wedding ceremony rehearsal.
6. Information to identify local businesses to support your wedding ceremony and reception – such as Reception venues, Photographers, Printers, Florists etc
7. An opportunity to reconnect with the Christian faith and explore belonging to a church community.
8. A beautiful medium sized gothic church and a wonderful location looking directly down Sydney Harbour to the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
The wedding fee at St. Michael’s is currently $2,100. This covers the use of the Church and the services of both the celebrant and an organist (Flowers are not included in the cost).
1. Only licensed and ordained Anglican clergy may act as celebrants on Anglican Church property.
2. The Anglican Church requires that the bride and/or the bridegroom to have been baptised in a Christian church prior to the marriage ceremony.
Applying for a marriage ceremony at St Michael’s
St. Michael’s is a vibrant Church with broad links into the wider community. Demands on staff and church use are therefore limited. If you would like to enquire about marriage then please contact the church office on 9371 4338.
What does it look like inside St Michael’s?
St Michael’s Anglican Church is a medium sized gothic church designed by the colonial architect, Edmund Thomas Blacket. Whilst all photographs depend on the lighting, camera equipment and skill of the photographer, St Michael’s provides a beautiful and elegant location and backdrop for every wedding. To get an idea of what the church looks like, the images on the right are are couple of photographs taken inside the church with no flash on a basic digital camera.
REGULAR SERVICE TIMES
Traditional Prayer Book (APBA) Service:
Sundays at 8am & 10am in St Paul’s Chapel. Communion is celebrated every week.
Prayer For Healing: Thursdays at 7pm
Parish Council: Meets on the second Wednesday evening of every month
Seasonsal Service Times also apply